Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does iphoto duplicate files after they are imported from folders

Hey,

So basically i take pictures then import them into Lightroom which i use for editing and then end up in a Folder 'xxxyyy' under the default Pictures folder. From there i import them into Iphoto as an event 'xxxyyy'.

After i import the files to iphoto can i delete the folder 'xxxyyy' from my HDD. I guess what im asking is that am i causing duplication of files/photos by doing what i am doing.....

Also if you look at the attached screen shot - is that picture correct??? I mean i can't access files individually in my iphoto library through the finder when im trying to attach them in an email.

Really confused and could really use some help in this area.

thanks User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 12:59 PM

3 replies

Feb 20, 2013 1:24 PM in response to Old Toad

Thank you so much, however which is better. A referenced library or a managed library?

i dont know why but i think i a referenced makes more sense.....

also could you shed any light on the "attachment to email"

what im trying to say is that how do i locate the physical file on my pc after i have imported it to iphoto in case of a managed library.....?

thank

does iphoto duplicate files after they are imported from folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.