Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy a few images from one machine to another?

Hi,

About 20 images were corrupted in my iMac's library, so I deleted them intending to copy them back in from my MBokk's library. Other than copying the entire library over, how do I do what I need to do?

Thanks guys,

Raphael

iMac 21.5"-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Pages for iPhone/iPad

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:33 PM

Select the Images on your laptop. "File➞Export as Library". Move this newly-created Library to your iMac. Open Aperture. "File➞Import Library".

(Added:) Full instructions on this page from the User Manual, under the heading:

To transfer projects and albums from one computer to another

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2013 1:33 PM in response to rshammaa

Select the Images on your laptop. "File➞Export as Library". Move this newly-created Library to your iMac. Open Aperture. "File➞Import Library".

(Added:) Full instructions on this page from the User Manual, under the heading:

To transfer projects and albums from one computer to another

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

Feb 20, 2013 7:47 PM in response to rshammaa

When you select the 20 images and export them as a new library those images along with their original files and any metadata you added will be made into a new Aperture library. This library will be a self-contained library capable of being opened in Aperture.

When you copy that library over to the iMac you will open the library you want to add the images to and then in that library select File->Import Library and then select the library you copied over. All the information from that library will be added to your iMac library.

Once you have imported the library and you are sure it is OK you can delete it from both the iMac and the laptop.

How to copy a few images from one machine to another?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.