4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 6:42 AM by rshammaa
rshammaa Level 1 Level 1

Hi,

About 20 images were corrupted in my iMac's library, so I deleted them intending to copy them back in from my MBokk's library. Other than copying the entire library over, how do I do what I need to do?

Thanks guys,

Raphael

iMac 21.5", Mac OS X (10.7.2), Pages for iPhone/iPad
Solved by Frank Caggiano on Feb 20, 2013 7:47 PM Solved

When you select the 20 images and export them as a new library those images along with their original files and any metadata you added will be made into a new Aperture library. This library will be a self-contained library capable of being opened in Aperture.

When you copy that library over to the iMac you will open the library you want to add the images to and then in that library select File->Import Library and then select the library you copied over. All the information from that library will be added to your iMac library.

Once you have imported the library and you are sure it is OK you can delete it from both the iMac and the laptop.

Reply by Kirby Krieger on Feb 20, 2013 1:33 PM Helpful

Select the Images on your laptop.  "File➞Export as Library".  Move this newly-created Library to your iMac.  Open Aperture.  "File➞Import Library".

(Added:) Full instructions on this page from the User Manual, under the heading:

To transfer projects and albums from one computer to another

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

All replies

• Kirby Krieger Level 6 Level 6

Select the Images on your laptop.  "File➞Export as Library".  Move this newly-created Library to your iMac.  Open Aperture.  "File➞Import Library".

(Added:) Full instructions on this page from the User Manual, under the heading:

To transfer projects and albums from one computer to another

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

• rshammaa Level 1 Level 1

Thanks Kirby.

Do you mean export 20 images as a library to the external drive, eject/re-connect external drive to iMac + import...what...images...library... from drive? to where? as what?

I am not clear about how to export/import, what I end up with (images? a library?) and how do the 20 images find their rightful place?

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7

When you select the 20 images and export them as a new library those images along with their original files and any metadata you added will be made into a new Aperture library. This library will be a self-contained library capable of being opened in Aperture.

When you copy that library over to the iMac you will open the library you want to add the images to and then in that library select File->Import Library and then select the library you copied over. All the information from that library will be added to your iMac library.

Once you have imported the library and you are sure it is OK you can delete it from both the iMac and the laptop.

• rshammaa Level 1 Level 1

Thank you Frank!