Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Consistent "out of memory" message on FCP when rendering or exporting - any suggestions?

Originally working with Quicktimes apple pro res 422 in timeline and everything was fine when rendering or exporting. Then i recently added in new footage, which were quicktimes convereted to AIC format from .MTS files. Now consistently getting "out of memory" message with fcp renders or when I try to export a cut.

I have good amount of free space on the drives, computer. The project files is 1 GB and change. One sequence. Started several new projects, still happening. About five photos. Nothing too wild. The only thing I can think of is that FCP doesn't like having those two different qt formats -- could this cause for out of memory message?

I'm converting all those .mts files to pro res Quicktimes, hoping that'll do it. Any other suggestions?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 12:52 PM

8 replies

Feb 21, 2013 2:41 AM in response to karen shake

Does the message say anything else?

I fear this would have to be a bug/memory leak and the only thing we can do is figure a way around it.

There's almost no way the message really means what it seems to - that there's a problem with the amount of memory on your machine - because a modern 64-bit app like FCPX, with no crazy virtual memory changes, has virtually limitless means of getting more memory.

Feb 21, 2013 9:23 AM in response to furrytoes

thanks for your response. unfortunately, fcp has only said "error: out of memory" and nothing else.

I just looked more into the stills we've got in there - five grey scale photos, average 30 MBs each. But the pixel size was way over 4000X4000 on a few of them. Could this be the issue? I was reading that elsewhere.. Rexporting now with lower frame size

Thanks

Consistent "out of memory" message on FCP when rendering or exporting - any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.