Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple problems in OS X Settings

There are multiple problems in os x settings on os x v.10.8.2. I need to fix this because I was able to stand it up till now. its geeting on my nerves.:

1. Parential controls problem

The parential controls are enabled for my admin account, and when I uncheck the "enable parential controls" under the users tab, it says I cannot enable parential controls. I cant turn it off. Also, even when parential controls is off, dictation is disabled "due to parential controls." Please help??

2. Users and Groups

On my users and roups, under login options, It says I am connected to a Network Account Server, even though I dont have one. when I try to delete it, It says "Node name wasnt found (2000)." Also, when I turned on my computer, it always shows a guest user option, even though its disabled.

3. Apple Hardware Test

AHT dosent show up even when I unplug all devices, plug in the power adapter, and press D while it starts up!

Thanks so much in advance, and sorry for all the questions!

AirPort Express-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Question before I buy

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 3:51 PM

6 replies

Multiple problems in OS X Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.