Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why did my iPad suddenly stop pairing with my computer after I tried checking it out to a student?

I've just started checking out iPads to students using Apple Configurator per period (a little much, I know) but all of a sudden a few of my iPads get yellow warning signs and it says the 'this device is not longer paired with the host computer" and it won't even open in iTunes where I get a similar message "this iPad is paired with another computer". I now have 4 iPads that are not connecting to my computer even though I have never paired them with another computer. I am hoping the answer doesn't involve restoring the iPad because I would have to re-prepare and supervise each iPad 😟. I'm not sure what I did wrong in the first place to prevent it from happening again tomorrow with more iPads.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 4:30 PM

There are no replies.

Why did my iPad suddenly stop pairing with my computer after I tried checking it out to a student?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.