Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 3 has lost the speaker sound after updating to iOS 6.1, headphones are working fine

My iPad 3 has lost the speaker sound after updating to iOS 6.1, headphones are working fine. Please help me out, done all the troubleshooting like restarting, side switcing, cleeaning the headphone jack etc.,

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1, Even I tried headphone in and out

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 11:27 PM

3 replies

May 8, 2013 8:31 PM in response to leenuskv

Hi I also have this problem. Sound was only working on the headphones and also on the volume slider in the settings app. Everywhere else I get no sound and no volume slider. Now the headphones don't work either.

(I'm using an ipad 2 iOS 6.1.2)

And NO it's not muted. I've reset all settings and restarted the iPad. Been searching forums for a couple days. Some say its a dirty docking port problem, others suggest a Skype or other app update that could be the problem.

No volume control icon appears when I press the volume control buttons. Only says sound effects, if it says anything at all. Most often there is NO volume icon. YouTube, video, music, and other game apps, no sound.

My iPad 3 has lost the speaker sound after updating to iOS 6.1, headphones are working fine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.