Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Force Safari into mobile Safari

Anyone out there know if it's possible to force Safari on my iPad to interact with a website as my iPhone (mobile) Safari does? There's a website with a function that's working fine through my iPhone's Safari, but not iPad's version.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 3:29 AM

5 replies

Feb 21, 2013 4:17 AM in response to Demo

No, unfortunately. I know what you mean - that is the more common question. And why I can't find more info on how to do so just by searching the web. There are too many results for going the other way around. Amazon's new-optimized-for-iOS mp3 store is working (re-directing) just fine when using an iPhone to purchase mp3s off the site thru Safari - but not with Safari on iPad. Until they fix it, I wanted to see if understanding more about how Safari works in different modes could help me have a temporary workaround.

Feb 21, 2013 4:51 AM in response to Delosisle

I have been fooling around with the Amazon site trying to get it to work and I've had no success, however this is the first time I logged into cloudplayer or that I made any attempt at all to use this, so I was learning on the fly. BTW - I assume that you are talking about Amazon Cloudplayer. I can't get the songs to load using Safari or using iCab Mobile and identifying the browser as Safari for the iPhone. I don't have an iPhone to see how it works on that device.

Feb 21, 2013 6:42 AM in response to Demo

Thanks for trying! No, actually, the cloud player - which didn't work in Safari before , has actually finally started working for me (Some with original iPads say no change in that, however.) But with the recent change, you can't even buy mp3s albums from regular Amazon website pages, anymore. We all used to be able to. Now it just says - multimedia downloads now currently supported by this device, go to a regular computer to buy it.

In an iphone, a separate, new amazon mp3 store pops up in a new page and you can purchase mp3s off there just fine. Which is how safari should work on iPad, also. They've just got some glitch in the programming somewhere to prevent that (for now). Which is why I though if I could make my iPad Safari behave like my iPhone Safari, I could 'trick' the glitch until it's mended.

Force Safari into mobile Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.