Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod software issues

I recently had to restore my iPod touch 2G 8Gb as something went wrong, and all of my apps were deleted. I can download these apps to my laptop but cannot install them as the iPod is only running iOS 4.2.1, and they want 4.3. These apps worked fine before, and now they can't be reinstalled, so the only app that I can have on my iPod now is doodle jump. Is there anything I can do other than buy a newer iPod (which I object to doing, as the old one works perfectly fine)? I think this is greatly unfair that apple have just prevented me from being able to use apps which I paid for and was using before.

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 4:29 AM

3 replies

Feb 21, 2013 4:34 AM in response to martini123

Many developers when they updated their apps to support iOS 5 and 6 dropped compatibility for iOS 4.2.1 and earlier.

Your only way is if you have the version that was compatible on your computer such as in the recycle bin/trash or in a computer file backup. In that case delete the current version that is in your iTunes App library and replace it with the older version. Then sync.

Feb 21, 2013 5:33 AM in response to martini123

Synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup. As I said in my first reply is if the version of apps compatible with your iPod are not in your iTunes library.

Your only way is if you have the version that was compatible on your computer such as in the recycle bin/trash or in a computer file backup. In that case delete the current version that is in your iTunes App library and replace it with the older version. Then sync.

iPod software issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.