Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I burned home movie in idvd on 2010 iMac and plays fine there but not on 2008 macbook pro. someone mentioned vlc and codex needs?

I created a movie in imovie and burned it to -R disk on my 2010 imac. It plays well there. But when I tried to play it in my 2008 macbook pro it would not play. what I got was two folder icons that said audio and visual and when i clicked on those it brought up several lines I couldn't understand. I did get the audio but not the video.

Apple said the Pro was beyond applecare which I knew but I thought it was iLife issue. They said it was not---that it was a Pro issue. I heard something about needing download of VLC and something about a codex. Not having much of an idea of what I was doing I downloaded a VLC thing and the disk played audio and video. Once. Today it will not play. So that is where I am stuck. Can anyone help please?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 6:45 AM

1 reply

Feb 21, 2013 6:53 AM in response to falessi

Hi

Does the DVD play on a standard DVD-player ?

If so - then the Pro doesn't need anything. Most probably the problem is due to

• Cheap brand of DVD used - Memorex and NoName known problem makers - I use Verbatim (only)

• Burn Speed not set down - I do to x2 - and to select BEST is not a good choice at all as this will be same as Highest = Lot's of burn errors

If DVD plays OK on the other Mac - make a Copy BY USING Disk Util tool and do not forget to set down the Burn Speed !

Yours Bengt W

I burned home movie in idvd on 2010 iMac and plays fine there but not on 2008 macbook pro. someone mentioned vlc and codex needs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.