Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible to archive (not publish) select pages/sites?

(Interesting day at the discussion board.)

I teach at a university and use iWeb (1.0.1) with .Mac for my course blogs. Our semester is over and I want to decommission those course sites. In the fall, I want to take those sites and re-release them entry by entry as the semester progresses.

Is there a way to withhold certain sites and pages without deleting them altogether? (Especially important since it appears there's no way to save them without having them in the publish queue.

[FWIW, I am waiting until after the screaming ends to update to 1.1.]

PowerBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on May 16, 2006 6:48 AM

2 replies

May 16, 2006 9:35 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I thought of that, Tom, and thanks, but that only solves half the problem. Duplicating the domain file will indeed let me delete content that I don't want online while retaining a copy offline; but migrating "archived" stuff back in later would be very difficult.

As you know, iWeb doesn't play nicely with deleting/pasting items in most of the templates. It would be most cumbersome to reintegrate old blog entries at a later time.

PowerBook G4 Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Possible to archive (not publish) select pages/sites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.