Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6.1.2 iPad upgrade

I keep trying to do the iOS 6.1.2 upgrade on my iPad.....it starts installing but then times out indicating there is no connection to the Internet. I can get on safari and surf with no problem, so why is the upgrade not able to recognize my wifi & doesn't connect with the Internet? I've tried numerous times with the same result....even powered down and turned back on.....same result.

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 9:47 AM

Don't know if it's on Apple's server side, but yesterday I tried to update from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 6.1.2. I tried 4 times with the iPad connected to my computer (connected to the router via ethernet). But each time it said the download was corrupted. The first 2 times was with the regular router/internet wifi setup. For the 2nd two tries, I disabled the router's firewall.

So then I tried the wifi update. The first time I got an error message. But the second time it updated.

So, keep trying. Make sure your iPad is close to your wifi router.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2013 9:47 AM in response to misspate

Don't know if it's on Apple's server side, but yesterday I tried to update from iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 6.1.2. I tried 4 times with the iPad connected to my computer (connected to the router via ethernet). But each time it said the download was corrupted. The first 2 times was with the regular router/internet wifi setup. For the 2nd two tries, I disabled the router's firewall.

So then I tried the wifi update. The first time I got an error message. But the second time it updated.

So, keep trying. Make sure your iPad is close to your wifi router.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Feb 21, 2013 6:14 PM in response to misspate

Finally.... Success. .... I continued for a long time trying to download 6.1.2 on my iPad, but kept getting a 3014 error. I spent a great deal of time with apple support and can tell u that the error given was misleading to the actual problem. I was using a wifi connection and had my iPad plugged into my laptop and was using iTunes to do the update. My laptop is using wifi and the error 3014 seemed to make u think there was security software that may be causing the problem, or that the wifi connection had a problem...... Neither of these were the case even though the error given tends to give that impression. Basically it all boiled down to too many hits on the apple server and that was the problem. If I had ignored the problem of not being able to download the update, and tried later.....it more than likely would have worked fine.

I also updated my iPhone and was experiencing same problem of not being able to download 6.1.2, but the error I received back was -1. I had more issues with my iPhone in the fact that it took 45 mins before I received the -1 error. Then I had to completely restore my iPhone. Thankfully I had it backed up to iTunes and everything restored as it should and what was weird is that after the reloading..... My iPhone then had the updated iOS version 6.1.2. Not sure how that happened, but it did. What I've learned from this is that at first sign of a problem..... Wait a while.....hours maybe and try again.....and sometimes the problem we thought we had disappears.

iOS 6.1.2 iPad upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.