Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Error -1

Hi there

I’m experiencing issues with my iphone 4 – it seems to be searching all the time and does not reflect my service provider

I did some research and it seems that this is a software issue

After a while my iphone brings up an error that says I need to restore, however my restore is never successful and this could be due to many issues

In the process of doing a restore, 75% of the way on my phone and on iTunes it says "restoring iphone firmware" it freezes over there and "error -1" pops up on iTunes

I'm using Mac I also tried it on windows which doesn't work

Kindly assist me

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 7:39 AM

20 replies

Feb 22, 2013 11:24 PM in response to RajaRani

Nope these error codes aren't accurate

My phone was working perfectly fine until I tried to update which failed to complete the full process and fails @ 75% of the way, the software had updated but the last 25% (which is what updates around network settings) of the update/restore which hasn't been completed as iTunes freezes there

Now each time I try to restore it fails and I sit with the searching issue. I've tried n searched all the blogs as in the link I posted from another discussion, which explains that this has been happening for generations since apple 3GS however, never will you see an apple support members intervention or advice on these discussions which I find really strange.

All I want is for my iTunes to provide me with a successful restore, that's all

Feb 23, 2013 12:19 AM in response to Mangekyou Sharingan

In your original post you mentioned iOS 6.1. As of date Apple does not allow restore to this iOS, but only to iOS 6.1.2.

New IPSW would already been downloaded and placed in a hidden folder in iTunes. Unhide and look for file named

iPhone3,1_6.1.2_10B146_Restore.ipsw. (I am assuming it is a GSM iPhone 4). Connect iPhone to your Mac. In iTunes Press Option+Restore and point to the .IPSW file.

Succes: you are good to go. Cheers

Restore Error -1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.