Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps won't update w/i OS X

iTunes tells me it needs a new version. It takes me to App Store. After FOREVER, App Store lists 6 apps that need to be updated. iTunes isn't one of them. And unlike usually, it doesn't give me an "Update All" option. It just lists the 6 with the update button to the right. But when I click on the update button, nothing happens with any of them.

Help? Any

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:18 AM

9 replies

Feb 21, 2013 8:35 AM in response to Lawrence Lessig

That's happening to me right now. Yesterday everything was OK, but today I woke up with a fixed "1" badge on Mac App Store icon on my iMac. No updates there, though.

Then I checked on my MacBook and there was a resilient "2" badge. I checked for updates, but there was only one availabe (a Tweetbot update). I tried to update it, but pressing the "Update" button does nothing!

There is some strange bug going on...

Feb 21, 2013 8:36 AM in response to Lawrence Lessig

Having similar problem here. Connect iPhone to sync photos, iTunes reports "A new version of iTunes (11.0.2) is available. Would you like to download it now?" and clicking "Download iTunes" brings up the App Store, on the "Updates" tab. After what seems like a much longer than normal time, the updates tab shows the (1) but the main window view says "No Updates Available."

User uploaded file

Apps won't update w/i OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.