Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant find garageband instruments macbook pro??

i purchased my new macbook pro a few months ago and i never realised but not all the instruments are avaliable to use, well i cant find anything more than the standard ones (see image). why is this? i spent so much money on this laptop i expected to get the full version. i checked in my application folder to see how much capacity my garageband program takes up and it only takes up 375MB so i'm assuming this isnt the full version? also, below the instrument list theres an icon (see image) u can click which shows numerous images of different instruments but whenever i click on a different image, the instrument itself does not change. how can i broaden the different instruments avaliable to enhance my garageband experience? thanks a lot, appreciate it

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 11:46 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2013 9:05 PM in response to laladk

laladk, I don't know why you can't download the instruments, but about the instrument pictures:

These are just "icons" that you can attach to tracks in GarageBand. They aren't real (software or otherwise) insturments and you can actually put an icon for drums, for instance, on a keyboard track and the sound will not change. The icons are just eye candy (iCandy, if you'll pardon the pun).

If you are still under the 90 days, or if you bought Apple care, I'd call them.

Best wishes,

Mark

cant find garageband instruments macbook pro??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.