3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 12:27 PM by GregintheUK
GregintheUK Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

When I try to update iTunes from version 10, I click on the download now button and go straight to 'thank you for downloading iTunes'. However, nothing actually downloads! I've checked Windows requirements (using Windows XP), I've tried with no firewall and I've tried using Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.

Windows XP
  • b noir Level 9 Level 9 (72,020 points)

I've tried with no firewall and I've tried using Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.

Perhaps try downloading and saving a copy of the installer to a different PC. (If you're on a 32-bit Windows system, try to download on a different 32-bit Windows system.) Copy the iTunesSetup.exe installer to an external hard-drive, or a large-enough thumb drive or burn it to a CD-R. Carry the installer back to your PC, copy the installer to your hard drive. (Don't run the install from the ExHD, thumb or CD-R.) Start the install by doubleclicking the iTunesSetup.exe file.

• GregintheUK Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks, sounds a good plan, although I don't have ready access to another Windows XP 32-bit system. I'll give it a go when I get the chance.

I have downloaded upgrades many times in the past with the same set up. Come to that, I download other files almost every day. I could understand if the installation was the problem but it seems truly bizarre that I cannot even download the installer!

• GregintheUK Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thi solution worked - thank you. However, it will be a real pain if I have to deal with every future update in this way. Incidentally, the laptop I downloaded on was using the same anti-virus and firewall software as I use, with the same relevant settings, so it could not have been anything to do with that!