Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Express HD with Sony HDR Footage.

Hi Everyone, I have imported Video files originally in .MTS from a Sony HDR-XR520. I then Used Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate to convert the files to .MOV. when I tried importing into Final Cut Express HD It gave me an error of unknown file. I tried then converting the .MOV file with the same program and with Quicktime's Exproting System, but nothing. Ive tried .mp4 .mpg m4v and nothing I have the latest verison of everything: Final Cut 4.0.1, MacOS 10.7.5,

Sombody Help me please! the fotage i took with the GoPro3 Work awesome, except for the footage of my sony HDR.

Final Cut Express HD-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Sony HDR-XR520

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 11:01 AM

4 replies

Feb 21, 2013 12:12 PM in response to Oliver Konow

Confirm you shot in HD on the camera. Your camera will shoot both HD footage and SD footage. If the footage is SD, you will need to follow a different procedure.

If the footage is HD -

Connect the camera to your computer via a USB cable. You may have to select some options on the camera when you plug in the USB cable.

Open FCE 4.0.1 and go to the menu File > Log and Transfer (not Log and Capture).

When the Log and Transfer window opens, it should populate automatically and you can ingest the clip(s) of your choosing.

MtD

Feb 21, 2013 12:44 PM in response to Oliver Konow

Did you try to fix your system so that Log and Transfer works?

Log and Transfer is really the best way to ingest from your AVCHD camera as it does the proper transcoding for use in FCE - and it eliminates the need for third party software, or multiple step conversions.

If you want to use third party conversion, you can try Clipwrap -

http://www.divergentmedia.com/clipwrap

I believe they have a free trial - but it may be time limited.

Make sure you set the Clipwrap Output format to Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC).

MtD

Final Cut Express HD with Sony HDR Footage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.