Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery life after updating to 6.1.2

Whats going on with 6.1.2 update!!! My 4s was updated yesterday and the battery drains so fast, fully charged my phone twice today and its already dying now and it's getting hot too without realy using it.

Before updating it used to last me a day with normal usage.

Any ideas?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 11:25 AM

15 replies

Feb 28, 2013 9:08 AM in response to Zee86

I updated my iOs to 6.1.2 last week and three days ago, I began to notice that the battery depletes VERY fast.

I woke up at 7am to find my battery fully charged & unplugged it. Slept for 3 more hours and found my battery at 47%. This never happened on my phone with previous updates and even on my iPhone 4s.

I already tried several suggested fixes written on the discussions and it won't seem to work. I "erase my iPhone", did a hard reset, removed my sim and it all don't fix it. Almost tried to illegally downgrade my iOs but I decided not to. Guess I'd just better wait in vain for Apple to fix it themselves with a more credible andreliable iOs update.

Anyone having the same problem?

Feb 28, 2013 9:32 AM in response to KC7GNM

Thanks KC. Can you lend us your phone when the rest of us are plugged in? I'm not trying to pick a fight, which it seems like many people are on this issue for some reason. Us paying users come here for advise on how to fix things, not on the stauts of others who have perfectly working phones, and want to make legitimate threads into arguments.

Feb 28, 2013 1:44 PM in response to Dennis Bolt

Cathil asked if anyone else was having the problem and I answered no. What is wrong with that. Sounds like you are picking a fight. Fact is there are millions upon millions of phones that work fine and that a very small percentage have problems which are most likely a rouge app that isn't 100% compatible with iOS 6.1.2

Feb 28, 2013 3:59 PM in response to KC7GNM

KC: Obviously I mistook the meaning in your reply, as you may have with mine. I am far from trying to ruffly anybodies feathers. I apologize. Thr trouble with forums, is that you cannot tell the tone of somebody, especially if their reply is short and fast.

There are several threads on battery issues, and several commentors who respond by telling people that only a small percent of phones have this issue. Knowing that somebody else's phone is fine unfortunately gives us little info about how we might fix our own phone. You obviously meant no harm, but others make it sound like all of us are crazy to even ask for possible fixes for our $500 "smart" phones. Most of us read other people's replys, and try those fixes and they don't all fix the problem. I am not just blindly asking for help, but genuinely tried most of the obvious thigns first.

I've owned 4 iphones since 2007. Both my wife and my new phones have this issue. I fixed mine by totally reformatting the phone from "new". So eventhough only 5% of iphones might be affected, 100% of my iphones are affected. and I paid upwards of $800 for them. That is all I meant by "paying" I realize that everybody here are users and not Apple folk, so I avoid making derogatory comments about Apple.

Battery life after updating to 6.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.