Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!! iTunes64setup.exe couldn't be downloaded issue

Hi there.

I have been experiencing problems w/the current version of iTunes when using Windows 7 (64-bit) software on my Dell XPS L502x laptop. I've uninstalled iTunes 11.0.2 following the "Removing and Reinstalling iTunes ..." info from the iTunes support website. I've checked several time to be certain that I've removed all traces of iTunes, emptied my Recycle bin and restarted the laptop. I received the same message at the end of each reinstall attempt which is "iTunes64setup-exe couldn't be downloaded." I have reviewed various discussions on the iTunes community but I've not found one that can be of help to me. I am completely at a loss of what to do from here. Any help/tips/advice or link to a discussion that would help would oh so appreciated. Thank you!!

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 12:58 PM

I received the same message at the end of each reinstall attempt which is "iTunes64setup-exe couldn't be downloaded."

I'd first try downloading an installer from the Apple website using a different web browser:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If you use Firefox instead of IE for the download (or vice versa), do you get a working installer?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2013 12:58 PM in response to Gracie77

I received the same message at the end of each reinstall attempt which is "iTunes64setup-exe couldn't be downloaded."

I'd first try downloading an installer from the Apple website using a different web browser:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

If you use Firefox instead of IE for the download (or vice versa), do you get a working installer?

Feb 22, 2013 2:01 PM in response to b noir

Hi there. I used Firefox instead of IE and was finally able to download iTunes. Thank you for the suggestion. I did not like the current version of iTunes though so downloaded iTunes 10.7. When I attempt to open iTunes I receive this message, "The file iTunes Library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes." I really would prefer to use iTunes 10.7 versus the current version as I experienced lots of problems w/the current version thus my reason for uninstalling it. Do you know if there is a way that I can convert my iTunes library to the 10.7 version that I just downloaded versus having to update to the newest version of iTunes?

Thanks so much for your help.

Feb 23, 2013 3:48 AM in response to Gracie77

Since you've already installed the older software you should simply need to restore the pre-upgrade copy of your library database as per the diagram below, then start iTunes.

User uploaded file

If you're tempted to investigate iTunes 11 again see this post for tips on making it feel a bit more familiar.

It is also a good idea to backup the whole library regularly, and especially before an upgrade in case you feel the need to revert to an older version.

tt2

Help!! iTunes64setup.exe couldn't be downloaded issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.