Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying an itunes card in the U.S.

i bought an itunes card in the U.S. I am from Canada visiting. When i try to redeem it on my ipod it says "This code must be redeemed in the U.S. storefront." What does that mean?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 2:10 PM

You cannot use a U.S itunes card in another country.

Gift cards are country specific.

Give the card or sell it to someone in the U.S who can use it.

12 replies

Feb 21, 2013 3:54 PM in response to nikdee192

You will need to create an account in the US iTunes Store to be able to use that prepaid iTunes card. You'll need a different email address from that used for your Canadian account so you can set up a new Apple ID. Then go to the main iTunes Store page (within iTunes), click on the "Redeem" link on the right side of the page, click "Create Apple ID", and enter in the code from your card when requested. That should allow you to create an account using the prepaid card.

Note that you will not be able to use the US iTunes Store once you return to Canada.

Regards.

Oct 17, 2013 4:00 PM in response to varjak paw

Sorry, that is just wrong.

Your physical location has nothing to do with iTunes, it will work anywhere in the world. What it is looking for is a creditcard billing address that matches the country of the 'store' you are using, and the account you are using.

You can use a US account in another country as long as its tied to a valid US creditcard. If that didn't work, than nobody could ever use iTunes when travelling!

Buying an itunes card in the U.S.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.