Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 sync with Yahoo deletes data

I can't figure out why half of my Notes updated on my iPhone5 are now only in Yahoo mail notes. I can't get those notes to sync back to my phone. I have also had contact phone numbers removed from some contacts. I have lost multiple phone numbers removed from contacts that were in my recent calls, that now appear with no name.

Can someone give me a way to keep yahoo on my iPhone without the sync deleting and corrupting all my contacts?

Has anyone had any other data deleted by Yahoo Sync? I am planning on deleting my Yahoo Mail account, ASAP.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 5:58 PM

5 replies

Oct 5, 2013 9:06 AM in response to Eric at IHS

I have this same problem for the last few months. Something between Apple and Yahoo syncing deletes notes, phone numbers, etc. As of this morning I can delete notes from my iPhone 5 and add them again and get the 200+ notes to appear but when I go to Yahoo Notepad I only see about 40. I still have contacts that I update and then the updates I've made dissapear after a few days or a week. Whole contacts sometimes too.

Is this being addressed??

iPhone 5 sync with Yahoo deletes data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.