Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDMI to VGA convertors that work with late 2012 Mini

I need *TWO* VGA outputs on my new Late 2012 - I'm using it to push output to projectors so upgrading to DVI or HDMI is right out at this point.

Has anyone *SUCCESSFULLY* used something like theKanex adaptor that is sold on the Apple store?

If you have success, please post the make/model/where you purchased. I don't care if it supports audio or not - I just need *stable* VGA out from the @%#^! HDMI port.

Thank you!

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 4:38 PM

1 reply

Feb 21, 2013 8:44 PM in response to Eric Eskam

Hi, it definetly needs some kind of DAC, since HDMI is digital only...

Legacy compatibility

HDMI can only be used with older analog-only devices (using connections such as SCART, VGA, RCA, etc.) by means of a digital-to-analog converter or AV receiver, as the interface does not carry any analog signals (unlike DVI, where devices with DVI-I ports accept or provide either digital or analog signals). Cables are available that contain the necessary electronics, but it is important to distinguish these active converter cables from passive HDMI to VGA cables (which are typically cheaper as they don't include any electronics). The passive cables are only useful if you have a device that is generating or expecting HDMI signals on a VGA connector, or VGA signals on an HDMI connector; this is a non-standard feature, not supported by most devices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

HDMI to VGA convertors that work with late 2012 Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.