Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 and Bose V35 compatibility

I have the Bose V35 home theater surround system. It came with a 30 pin dock for iphones up to i4. I purchased the Apple "Lightning to 30 pin adapter" so i could connect my iphone 5. i get a message on the phone saying "This accessory not supported by iphone". The Bose displayes a message "ipod connection error.Please re-insert your ipod." Both the iphone 5 and Bose V35 have the latest software updates. Can anyone help shine some light on my problem? Is this a Bose software issue or Apple support issue? I spent $40 on this adapter. id like some justification.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2, Bose V35

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 6:14 PM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2013 3:32 PM in response to Captfish

I have just purchased the V35 and intended to dock my ipad to the system using an Apple adapter plug. I encountered the same problem of incompatibility. Looking through the Bose instruction manual, it specifically names the Apple devices that are compatible --- these DO NOT include the iphone 5, latest generation ipod, nor the ipad. I plan to complain to Bose tomorrow in the strongest terms. There is no excuse for this expensive system to not include compatability to Apple products that have been out for more than a year! Shame on Bose!

iphone 5 and Bose V35 compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.