Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printing help

Hi all, thanks in advance for any help

I'm new to Numbers, not much of a speadsheet user at all. Typically they are emailed to me and I open and read them, maybe change a few numbers here and there or input data in empty worksheets. My problem, with my recent upgrade to 10.8 my old version of Office no longer works. I figured I'd try out iWork 09. So far I'm not a happy camper. As basically all the files sent to me are from Office users, I'm having a real compatibility problem. Word documents don't look quite right and I'm having a real problem printing Excel spreadsheets with Numbers. I can view them 'ok' but printing, not so good. I spent 3 hours today trying to print an Excel spreadsheet with no real luck. I tried so many combinations of options I'm read to give up. Current sheet, page 1 to 1, ect.... the 'one page' I want to print is consists of 4 items on paper once printed, the speadsheet I want, plus 3 other'support item' that contain a 'data sheet' and 'required data twice. If I want to print this Excel file in Office, I just select it's tab at the bottom of the window, hit print and done. The 3 other items I mentioned are visible through scroling on that tab on screen but don't print.

How can I print just the 'finished' product ? I'm so fustrated.

Thanks again

Randy

Mac mini (Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 3rd Gen Nano iPhone 4 32G

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 12:30 AM

Hi Randy,

You might find less frustration with one of the applications based on OpenOffice.org.

OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice are free. NeoOffice requires a donation within the past year to download the most current version; earlier versions may be downloaded free.

Each may be obtained from its website, linked above.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2013 12:30 AM in response to RandyInBC

Hi Randy,

You might find less frustration with one of the applications based on OpenOffice.org.

OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice are free. NeoOffice requires a donation within the past year to download the most current version; earlier versions may be downloaded free.

Each may be obtained from its website, linked above.

Regards,

Barry

Feb 22, 2013 9:50 AM in response to Barry

Hi Barry,

Your are so right. I downloaded OpenOffice and it did what I wanted in 2 minutes. MUCH less frustration, so much nicer. It doesn't have the Mac 'look' but it works GREAT. I'll be deleting Numbers now. It displays all my Word documents correctly as well, bye bye Pages.

Thanks again for your suggestion Barry.

Randy

printing help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.