Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Color/ brightness shift within Apple Pic and video programs..

OK.. here is my issue. For all photo / video editing applications (iMovie, iPhoto, Aperature, Final Cut Pro x) just as I open these apps the color/ brightness shifts within the WHOLE OS. I can open lightroom 4 and nothing happens, its apple photo/ video apps only. The second I close the apps my wallpaper, dock, ect. goes back to what it was before I opened the app. The effect is a slight blue tint ( cooler ) and slightly brightened. It is EXTREAMLY annoying. I am not using any calibrated color profile, I am on the standard color LCD profile.

Just incase it needs to be clarified:

-turn on MBP

-get in OS with one color profile ( standard color LCD profile active )

-open aperature and display gets blue tint and slightly brightter ( can minimize app and everything is effected by color / brightness shift )

-close app... back to normal LCD color profile.

Now I have come across this issue in the past (over 6 months ago) messed around with color profile settings ( in the end put everything back to default ) and out of no where, problem went away. After Doing a SSD swap and restoring my OS with time machine, the issue is back... And I just cant get it to go away again.

Its like these apple applications load up a different color profile as they open, and once they care closed, it knows to put the other back on. Its so fustrating, I can not edit my photos like this.

Has anyone come accross this issue?

if so... any fix for this?

All my apps and OS is up to date.

15 inch late 2011 MBP

OSX 10.8.2

AMD HD 6770 / Intel HD 3000

Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 6:53 PM

3 replies

Color/ brightness shift within Apple Pic and video programs..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.