Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bloody Compressor losing chapters!

Hello,

I have many 2-3 hour HDV1080i movie (.mov) files, @appx 26mbps data rates, sitting in my archive. Am converting them to H264, resulting in files about 1/3 the size. Those films are embedded FCP-7 produced Chapters.. Having an issue with Compressor:

When I import a movie, say, HDV.. and use Compressor to export using the H264 preset, the result is a file 1/3 the size, but the chapters are gone! Compressor is eliminating them when encoding/exporting.. Etc.

However: if I use QT to export as 1080P, those files are still H264/AAC/Text (under get info), but ALSO KEEP THE CHAPTERS.

Compressor has so many export choices (Presets), including H264... an several in a batch makes keystrokes easier, but ****!, why are the chapters not retained as with QT//Export/H264????

Note: The QT option results in about 10.5mbps files. I'm trying to get Compressor to export around 15mbps (a 'desired medium, using the preset H264 template and setting a 15000 max data rate), as well as just using the H264 preset. Both yield same results as with above.

>> How can Compressor be made to export a .mov with H264 AND not drop the chapters. The files WERE IMPORTED with perfectly good chapters!

Thanks,

Bob

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 5:18 AM

I didn't see this and responded in your other thread.

Russ

1 reply

Bloody Compressor losing chapters!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.