Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Conflicts with Flash prevents mirpod stream.

I updated Flash today because I got the message asking if I wanted to. After I went straight to my mirpod link to see if it would stream. It doesn't. About six month ago the same thing happened after updating Flash. Then I got mirpod to work again by putting the older Flash plugin back into the active library folder. I tried this today put it didn't work. I did try turning off all the Safari internet plugins, I performed a disk utilities and cleaned my Mac with Onyx. I'd like to feel comfortable always having the latest version of Flash but won't until I find out what is conflicting wth it. Mirpod won't play in FireFox either.

macbook pro

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 2:26 AM

It would seem that your problem isn't with Flash but with Mirpod (whatever that is) not updating their version. You need to contact them.

Not updating Flash has security implications:

Two bugs, one affecting Apple's Mac platform and another attacking Microsoft's Windows, exploit certain Flash player vulnerabilities to install malware onto users' systems, reports ArsTechnica. While users of other operating systems like Linux have yet to report attacks, Adobe's advisory notes the exploit affects all platforms.

Designated as CVE-2013-0634, the first vulnerability targets the Safari and Firefox Web browsers running on OS X, and is also being used as a trojan to deploy Microsoft Word documents containing malware. For Mac users, the flaw affects Adobe Flash Player version 11.5.502.146 or earlier.

The Adobe Flash patch can be found on the company's website, and users can visit this page to check if their software is the most curent version.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2013 2:26 AM in response to Dateu

It would seem that your problem isn't with Flash but with Mirpod (whatever that is) not updating their version. You need to contact them.

Not updating Flash has security implications:

Two bugs, one affecting Apple's Mac platform and another attacking Microsoft's Windows, exploit certain Flash player vulnerabilities to install malware onto users' systems, reports ArsTechnica. While users of other operating systems like Linux have yet to report attacks, Adobe's advisory notes the exploit affects all platforms.

Designated as CVE-2013-0634, the first vulnerability targets the Safari and Firefox Web browsers running on OS X, and is also being used as a trojan to deploy Microsoft Word documents containing malware. For Mac users, the flaw affects Adobe Flash Player version 11.5.502.146 or earlier.

The Adobe Flash patch can be found on the company's website, and users can visit this page to check if their software is the most curent version.

Feb 22, 2013 2:47 PM in response to Klaus1

Thanks Klaus1. Mirpod is a radio streaming site. I think it is designed for mobile devices but it was working on my Mac. It was the only site I could find that streamed old Art Bell shows. It makes sense that this site isn't keeping up with Flash. I have re-updated Flash with the new patch. Mirpod still doesn't work but I'm guessing eventually they'll fix it and the reason the first time I had this problem and it started working again is Mirpod fixed it on their end. I found another site with Art Bell that does work so I'm happy and you helped clear my thoughts and confusion.

Mar 3, 2013 6:15 PM in response to mirPod

MirPod, first your site is working again. The day after posting this the player was working so you must have updated something because I did try using it without Safari extensions. If I had found a way to contact you through your site I would have. Maybe I just overlooked it. Thanks for streaming what you do.

Conflicts with Flash prevents mirpod stream.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.