Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps

apple maps are still disapointing. remote areas are still not covered, infact most of the areas are missing from the maps. problems are reported hundred of times, but no reply (although we cannot expect a reply), or no solutions have been given.

iPhone 5

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 11:10 PM

16 replies

Feb 21, 2013 11:41 PM in response to salman88

If you want to know what Google or Apple intend to do in the future, you need to ask them. None of us here work for either Google or Apple so have no way of knowing what discussions, if any, are going on between the two companies.

However, logic dictates that since Apple have invested years of time and money in their own mapping solution, they are extremely unlikely to switch back to a third-party solution.

If you want Google Maps, just download their app from the AppStore.

Feb 22, 2013 12:36 AM in response to salman88

Between the copious bugs and their stalwart refusal to provide turn-by-turn directions to older phones (where "old"= iPhone 4!!), Apple has really embarrassed themselves with this one.

I recommend the Google Map app, which is vastly superior in every way. The only unfortunate thing is there's no way to make it the default.

Feb 22, 2013 2:51 AM in response to Julian Wright

thank you julian for your relevent reply. i wd definately use the link provided by you. i apreciate you spent your time to reply me.....i wd write on apple too, but as we all know, they are not free to reply every one of us. so i am just tryn to fetch sm information from the users, WHOEVA WD LIKE TO PROVIDE ME SM INFORMATION, OR SOURCES OF INFORMATION, IF THEY WD LIKE TO.

I ALSO KNOW THAT NONE OF YOU (ASWELL AS ME) ARE WORKIN FOR GOOGLE OR APPLE.. but still i wd come wth same question, wth the hope that some users wd definately provide me sm info, wch i am lookin for. i wd like to take your attention to the importance of public opinion, wch i am tryn to get here. thank you julian 🙂

Feb 22, 2013 4:27 AM in response to salman88

salman88 wrote:

so i am just tryn to fetch sm information from the users, WHOEVA WD LIKE TO PROVIDE ME SM INFORMATION, OR SOURCES OF INFORMATION, IF THEY WD LIKE TO.

What information are you expecting to get? If you don't like the Apple Maps app, use a different app. Use the Feedback link to complain to Apple. Report problems with Maps from the app.

Maps works fine for me, by the way.

Feb 22, 2013 11:44 AM in response to salman88

I think, Mr Julian Wright, that you do not need to be so rudely dismissive of your fellow user. If you don't like a post, you have the option of ignoring it and moving on in stead of being pompous. I happen to agree with salman88. He comments not just on Apple Maps, but also on the forum. It is a rare thing that one actually finds an answer to a problem in the forums. There is no reason why Apple could not use this as a vehicle for addressing issues, in stead of leaving it to pompous little individuals like yourself. Did you honestly think that you were adding any value with your bad-tempered advice? I think not...

Apple Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.