Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air speaker crackle at high volumes

Does anybody else have an issue with the MacBook air's is internal speakers. When I listen to certain songs or talk, at high volume it sometimes makes a crackling noise. I have determined that it is not the speakers, but in fact the keys. The MacBook Air actually has quite good and loud speakers, considering how fin it is. So when you play something really loud, you can feel it through the whole computer. This makes the keys by bribrate, and makes the crackling nosie. If I put my hands on the keyboard when listening to something that would normally make the noise, I cannot here it. So I think it's like the screen gradient problem, I think the air's probably have this. Some have said that they took their to apple and then replace the speakers, but obviously this make no difference. I have tried one out in the store and it does it as well. I suppose it's just a sacrifice we have two make for fin design. The way I solved it was by getting a keyboard cover, this stop the keys from vibrating. I made a video about this, where I link to some songs where you can hear it. If you can hear please comment here or on the video. thank you here is the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaVHF3iv4Gw

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 1:08 AM

4 replies

Feb 25, 2013 12:32 AM in response to varian6930

I have the same issue with the latest Macbook Air... I didnt think it was a big issue but it is. I have noticed it more frequently during all my activities on the Macbook Air and I am finding it extremly annoying... If im listening to music, or watching hockey or a movie it will happen when there is something loud happening... Which is basically all the time.

I am not happy about this issue at all... I am shocked it is not a more well known issue, I think I will have to take it to my local apple store to see what they can suggest. Even though I am reluctant to think they will be much help.

Mar 22, 2013 11:32 AM in response to peymangg

It shold do, work for me aney way. I now have a mbp r, which I love. The broblim with my old air was that the aluminium besill, on the right hand side. Was poshing down to hard on the screen. So if I jest as much touch it, it wood corse vary dramatic pixel rappelling. This combine with the speakers, and the screen gradients problem. Was jest to much. I wood have cept it if it was jest the speakers, and screen gradient. Loving my new mbp but very annoyingly it got a light scratch on the screen. Cose someone touch a pen on the screen. PIST ME OF SEVEREIY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Anyway glad to be of help, ps do you have the screen gradient prob on your air. thanks again:) varian6930

macbook air speaker crackle at high volumes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.