Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import gps from iphone photos is not working

I just downloaded aperture (3.4.3) and the import gps track from iphone photos option isnt working. It just brings up a blank window. I have iphone photos mixed in with ones already imported from my camera as well as have enabmled photo stream... Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Aperture version 3.4.3a

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 1:02 AM

6 replies

Feb 22, 2013 11:07 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Hey Frank, I have the iPhone 5, with all the most recent updates, however when I pull open the gps import window it doesnt load anything...

What I was unsure of is if I was supposed to plug my iPhone in to my Macbook first? Or How does aperture know to connect to my iphone? Or if it pulled that data from "iphone" photos already in my album.

Feb 22, 2013 11:21 AM in response to TaylorLefebvre

I believe you need to connect the phone via cable (at least that is how I have always done it).

The data comes from the images in the camera not the library. And only the GPS info is imported not the images.

So open Aperture with the phone connected. Click on Places (not Import!) Select Import GPS from iPhone Photos

User uploaded file

Then this should open

User uploaded file

You select the images you want to get the GPS info off of and that should do it. Note this does not import the images only the GPS data.

Of course I'm using a 4s don;t know if this still works with the 5, I assume it does but ....

Sep 1, 2013 3:06 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Unfortunately I had deleted the pictures off of the iPhone 5 when I imported using Image Capture, so this fix was impossible. However I can see the positions in iPhoto so it was definitely in the library somewhere. I could also copy the GPS data by lifting it and stamping it in Aperture and it appeared in the info panel but not on the places map. When I selected view all pins on the setup tool for the places window (bottom left looks like a gear wheel), the pins from the iPhone places appeared on the map. Bit of a dogs dinner as they say!! Nice to be able to share libraries between iPhoto and Aperture.

Very useful posting though. I wonder what would happen if I had imported the pictures from the iPhone directly into the library, I always us image capture and import by reference so maybe its not quite the conditions that Apple have tested the software. An experiment for another day methinks.

Regards

Import gps from iphone photos is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.