Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I connect my phone by Bluetooth to my ipad

Hi all again, after getting so annoyed at the difficulty of transferring small mp4 files onto my iPad I now find I cannot even use Bluetooth on the iPad to connect to my galaxy s3. Why is apple so intent on annoying the users of its products. No flash player, no sd card and now no Bluetooth...well thanks for nothing apple. More power to Samsung et al. Come on apple give the consumer what they want or you will end up being trounced by the opposition.

iPad, iOS 6.1.2, 64 Gb

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 4:38 AM

5 replies

Feb 22, 2013 4:43 AM in response to edbot

No iOS device has ever supported the FTP file transfer bluetooth profile. You can rant all you want, but that has never been possible with any iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, so it seems kind of pointless to post about in a forum populated solely by other Apple device users, and not monitored by Apple itself.

If you wanted to reach Apple about it, you need to use the feedback resources

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Feb 22, 2013 6:04 AM in response to edbot

I have never felt any need to use bluetooth FTP file transfer in many, many years, with any bluetooth enabled device I own (and I own several). To be honest, I consider it an archaic means of moving data around, much akin to an prehistoric fish still swimming amongst soon to be extinct relatives.

There are far more efficient ways nowadays to keep data and files organized amongst multiple devices.

Feb 22, 2013 6:07 AM in response to edbot

edbot wrote:

Also because they have never supported FTP transfer Bluetooth does that mean you are happy with that (rhetorical).

You may have intended it to be a rhetorical question but I have an answer for you. Yes, I'm perfectly happy with it. I find file transfer over BT to be too slow and require to much effort to be of any practical use. And yes, I have an Android phone. Of course, I researched the specs and limitations of iOS devices before I spent all that money so I knew that an iPad would meet my needs.

Why can't I connect my phone by Bluetooth to my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.