Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Theories/Questions about 4/4S battery drain

I have been thinking about this battery drain issue and have listed some thoughts below. Please tell me what you all think.

1) This issue seems to affect 4/4S users the most, with some 5 users saying this is happening. I think the 5 users having issues are real, but perhaps coincidental.

2) The processors in the 4/4S are wholly different than those in the 5. I wonder if when iOS 6.0 was applied (which in reality was geared towards 5 users) there is a line or two of code in that build that was meant to make the 5 run well, but seriously taxes the 4/4S and may even explain the heating up issue.

3) I think the Exchange "data leak" theory may or may not be the culprit as many people report they are having no issues.

4) All of these great ideas on how to save battery life are worthwhile, but changing all these esoteric settings are just a bandage to the problem.

5) I do not think this is a direct battery issue (like the battery itself)

6) It would be fascinating to see the differences on this issue parsed by carrier and one's type of data plan

7) BIG QUESTION - why is this issue not happening with iPad? Is it because the battery is bigger so we notice less power drain?

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 6:33 AM

There are no replies.

Theories/Questions about 4/4S battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.