Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I get a version of Aperture compatible with Snow Leopard?

I have Snow Leopard (10.6) on my iMAC and I did not upgrade to Lion as it is good enough for what I do with my iMAC.

Unfortunately, the Aperture version available in the App Store recommends MAC OS 1.7 or later.

Is there a previous version of Aperture, which is compatible with Snow Leopard (10.6), still available?

If so, where can I get it?

Thank you in advance to the Apple community.

Philippe

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 8:25 AM

You're probably going to have to look in Amazon or ebay. (just checked Amazon they do say thay have an older version 3 boxed set)

Apple doesn't sell it anymore.

6 replies

Feb 25, 2013 1:02 PM in response to Phil_Jackie

As keith alluded to if you stay with SL and get a version of Aperture that runs on it you will be locked into that. There will be no more updates for Aperture or the Raw Camera bundle.

So if that version of Aperture supports your camera and you have no plans to change cameras to something that is not supported in that version then you will be fine.

If you think you might be getting a new camera at some point then you might just want to bit the bullet and do the upgrades now.

regards

Where can I get a version of Aperture compatible with Snow Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.