Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Airport Express to boost my plusnet wifi

Hi there - I use plusnet wireless at home and the signal is excellent in most rooms in the house, but not my bedroom, approx 10m horizontally and 5m vertically away. In between there is the kitchen and the roof of the house (my room is in a roof extension). Can I use an Airport Express located somewhere between the two to act as a "booster" for the plusnet signal?

If so - how?

(Please excuse - not a techie!) 😕

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 7:28 AM

If you want to extend, using wireless only, this isn't possible as Plusnet provide a Technicolour router. The Express can only boost other Apple routers.

If you want to extend, using Ethernet or Powerline, then this is perfectly possible. If you can't run a cable consider Powerline adapters, which pass Ethernet through the power lines.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2013 7:28 AM in response to AlecLondon

If you want to extend, using wireless only, this isn't possible as Plusnet provide a Technicolour router. The Express can only boost other Apple routers.

If you want to extend, using Ethernet or Powerline, then this is perfectly possible. If you can't run a cable consider Powerline adapters, which pass Ethernet through the power lines.

Can I use Airport Express to boost my plusnet wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.