Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

odbc driver for Excel to Excel?

Hi I am looking for an ODBC diver for excel to enable MS Query of Excel files from within, Excel.

I have an ODBC Manager app from openlink, but need a driver fro Excel it seems

(I have struggled with this problem for probably a decade, no one seems to know the answer, so please do dip in if you do.)

It all works perfectly on a PC, but there seem to be issues about who should provide what for OSX, result is nothing is readily available. fro Excel to Excel Queries. The same is true for Pivoty table Get External data.

Anthony

OSX 10.8.X

Excel 2011

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 9:34 AM

2 replies

Aug 4, 2015 3:31 PM in response to Anthony Mellor

Hey Anthony. I am in the midst of a similar effort. I went to the page for Office:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/ODBC-drivers-that-are-compatible-with-E xcel-for-Mac-9fa6bc7f-d19e-4f7f-9be4-92e…

And I downloaded all three products for evaluation. So far I'm still struggling with the configuration of the drivers to get them recognized on the Mac. This all works great in Windows, where I wrote the Excel macro in VBA, but I can't seem to get the data connection working in Excel 2011 on Mac.

Any luck on your end?

Thanks,

Lindsey

odbc driver for Excel to Excel?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.