Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone jack gives buzzing noise when connecting headphones

A very loud buzzing noise occurs when i connect my headphones to my imac, the imac is only about 1 year old if not less. any fixes for this out? or any solutions? thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 9:26 AM

4 replies

Mar 9, 2014 9:24 AM in response to temper_774

Hi Tom446

You should start a new topic of your own, instead of to one that is over a year old.

-----------------------------------------------

If they only buzz when you are plugging them in...?

1. turn down the System Volume before you plug them in.

2. try a different set of headphones or ear buds.

If they buzz all the time...?

1. push a little harder to make sure that they are fully plugged into the headphone jack.

2. try a different set of headphones or ear buds.

Mar 9, 2014 3:20 PM in response to den.thed

it's all the time. on any headphones or speaker. as if a wire has shorted in the circuitry. unrelated to volume. virtually no audio output. doesnt stop when muted. not related to any other electrical appliances nearby. and i don't have applecare so replacing my logic board isnt an option. i guess its just wishful thinking that it may be a software issue although most likely hardware fault 😟

thought this guy could have found a fix hence posting here - not many reports of this issue online.

Headphone jack gives buzzing noise when connecting headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.