Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

specify a distinct hostname for Wiki Server

I'd like to serve a website from www.mydomain.com and serve the wiki from wiki.mydomain.com

how do I set the wiki URL in Mac OS X Lion Server?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 11:36 AM

1 reply

Mar 17, 2013 4:13 AM in response to Demetrios

In the Lion Server under Web Services/Web, make sure the service is on and you have your IP address here directed to /Library/Server/Documents/Web/Data/Sites/Default

To set up the domain you have to have access to your domain webdirection with your domain name registration. Currently you have www.mydomain.com pointing at your IP address and it picks up your website (I assume). Here you also need to set up subdomains for any other services you want e.g.:

server.mydomain.com pointing to your server IP address

then you can access your web services: server.mydomain.com/wiki, server.mydomain.com/webcal

you could set up another subdomain just for the wiki:

wiki.mydomain.com pointing to the server IP address plus /wiki (e.g. 1.2.3.4/wiki)

Hope this helps

specify a distinct hostname for Wiki Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.