Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Awful update (6.1.2)

Your last update (6.1.2) is terrible. My iphone's charge running down fastly. Solve the problem...

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 1:16 PM

7 replies

Feb 22, 2013 2:35 PM in response to serbouval

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Or go to

http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

Or just ask here, the community is very good at fixing problems. The battery issue is one that has been going on since iOS 5.X. I recommend that you do all updates through iTunes and not Over The Air (OTA). My ver unscientific research points to OTA updates being a part of the problem. I have only ever done updates using iTunes.

1. Shut down all apps in the multi-tasking drawer

2. Restart your phone Hold both the Home and Sleep buttons down until the Apple logo appears.

3. Back your phone up to iTunes

4. Run the update

5. Restore as part of the update process from the backup you just did

6. Restart your phone again

7. Run it all the way down to 0%

8. Charge it over night to get a full charge

I have done this and with iOS 6.1.1 I am getting great battery life.

I am waiting for iOS 6.1.3 to fix the lock screen bug as I didn't have the Exchange bug that came with 6.1.1.

Good luck.

Feb 23, 2013 5:11 AM in response to Thom_D

Or just ask here, the community is very good at fixing problems. The battery issue is one that has been going on since iOS 5.X. I recommend that you do all updates through iTunes and not Over The Air (OTA). My ver unscientific research points to OTA updates being a part of the problem. I have only ever done updates using iTunes.

I would agree totally I have had very varied success with OTA

I try it but always ready to do an iTunes complete update when it fails

6.1.2 OTA went on to iP5 flawlessly but screwed up my iPad mini 😕

Awful update (6.1.2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.