Skip navigation

Problem connecting to a HP OfficeJet Pro 8500a

3339 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2013 4:36 PM by rkaufmann87 RSS
rkaufmann87 Level 8 Level 8 (40,615 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 22, 2013 1:52 PM

I am attempting to get a HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 A909a installed on my system. The printer is succesfuly connected via ethernet to our router, my iMac (10.8.2) can easily see the device but when I attempt to connect it wants to download and install drivers from Apple, when I select Download & Install I get a message that says:

Can't install the software for the HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909a because it is not currently available from the Software Update server.

I have attempted over several days to and also downloaded and successfuly installed the January 13, 2013 HP Printer Drivers v.2.13 for OS X however that still does not work. Looking at Apple's Printer and scanner software available for download it appears the device is supported but I'm not getting anywhere.

My system is a 2011 27" iMac, 24GB RAM, Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Anyone have some ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Roger

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.