Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to get my system current. I am now running Mac OS X, version 10.6.8 (I believe this is "Snow Leopard". What should I upgrade to?

I am trying to get my system current. I am now running Mac OS X, version 10.6.8 (I believe this is "Snow Leopard"). What should I upgrade to?

Mac OS X (10.5.8), Mac Desk Top

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 3:57 PM

The current system is OS X 10.8 which is downloadable from the App store, which you can upgrade to directly if your system meets the system requirements. Note that starting with OS X 10.7, PowerPC-based programs will no longer run. So, for example, people with Office 2004 got surprised when they upgraded and found that the older Office programs would no longer run. Newer Office programs are OK.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2013 3:57 PM in response to bigpete7

The current system is OS X 10.8 which is downloadable from the App store, which you can upgrade to directly if your system meets the system requirements. Note that starting with OS X 10.7, PowerPC-based programs will no longer run. So, for example, people with Office 2004 got surprised when they upgraded and found that the older Office programs would no longer run. Newer Office programs are OK.

I am trying to get my system current. I am now running Mac OS X, version 10.6.8 (I believe this is "Snow Leopard". What should I upgrade to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.