Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to acess the internet on IPAD away from home

Is it possible or can I do something to let my granddaughter get on the internet when we are driving down the road? I am new to all this and bought her the IPAD so she could do school work and play games while we were riding. Any help will be greatl appreciated.

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 4:28 PM

If you have a WiFi only iPad - and I assume that you do or you wouldn't be asking - you can purchase a mobile hotspot along with a data plan in order to connect to 3G/4G cellular towers for Internet access. There are many mobile hotspots available on the market. Google "mobile Hotspots or MiFi devices" and see what you can find.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2013 4:28 PM in response to desdee

If you have a WiFi only iPad - and I assume that you do or you wouldn't be asking - you can purchase a mobile hotspot along with a data plan in order to connect to 3G/4G cellular towers for Internet access. There are many mobile hotspots available on the market. Google "mobile Hotspots or MiFi devices" and see what you can find.

How to acess the internet on IPAD away from home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.