Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Netgear router and have just acquired a Edimax wifi extender. My MacBook Air sees the wifi signal and can get to the internet through the extender access point. However, while my iPhone and iPad mini can also see the WiFi signal, not Internet??

I have a Netgear WNR2000 router and an Edimax EW-7438RPn wifi range extender. I have gotten the range extender to work well with my MacBook Air, however, while my iPhone 3Gs and iPad mini can pick up the wireless signal from the range extender, they cannot get to the Internet through it. No IP Address, Subnet Mask, Router, or DNS appear in the details on either the iPhone or the iPad mini. How do I get the iPhone and the iPad to connect to the Internet. It seems that the problem is with the iPhone and iPad, since the MacBook Air works just fine with this set up.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.2, Both 3Gs and iPad are on 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 4:29 PM

1 reply

I have a Netgear router and have just acquired a Edimax wifi extender. My MacBook Air sees the wifi signal and can get to the internet through the extender access point. However, while my iPhone and iPad mini can also see the WiFi signal, not Internet??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.