Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Deactivated After Every iOS Software Update

For the second time in a row, the iOS software update caused my 64GB iPhone 5 to have its phone service (through Sprint) deactivated. This time, in the process of backing up and restoring my iPhone (which a rep from Sprint advised me to do the first time), iTunes didn't tell me that the back-up had failed until I tried to restore from it. I had to restore from an earlier back-up, causing me to lose a month's worth of text messages and other valuable data.

A rep at Sprint told me that "this is just gonna happen," meaning every time Apple updates the iOS, my phone is going to be deactivated, and I am going to have to spend an hour or more backing up and restoring my phone, not to mention sucking up 50+ GB of memory on my hard drive.

My girlfriend has an iPhone 4S, and she does not have this problem. I find it hard to believe that the newer model would have such a drastic flaw. iPhone 5 users out there - what do you know about this?

Thanks,

Noah

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.2, 64GB

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 5:55 PM

11 replies

May 6, 2013 2:11 AM in response to njp14

This was happening to me since I got the iphone 5 in november. I have counted 4 software updates and I just recently went into a Sprint store and they also told me to do the ##update# then call button plan. So frustrating because the other 3 times I wasted about an hour trying to figure it out with other Sprint employees -- whether on the phone or in the store. Hopefully the ##update# won't fail us in the future!

iPhone 5 Deactivated After Every iOS Software Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.