Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I crop photos on iPad 1?

I am VERY VERY upset with apple right now. I own a 64GB iPad 1 so obviously I don't want to just go out and buy a new iPad since this one works fine. I am a photo editor which means I edit photos. Apparently, the creator of IOS 5 was not a photo editor because there is no crop button in the camera roll. People don't understand how frustrating it is to have to open a 3rd party app and crop the photo and then you have 2 copies of the same photo. I am sitting here working with over 6000 photos and it's not so fun. At least Apple should have included a simple "crop" button. I also own an iPhone 5 but I purchased my iPad the day it came out at over $600 and I even pre-ordered it. Is there any way or any app I could use that would act as a 2nd place to store my photos with an edit button, kind of like a 2nd photos app? I really do not want to jailbreak, I have had it jail broken before worked with it for almost a year but it made my iPad a whole lot slower. Please apple just add a crop button.

-Some Editors

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 8:11 PM

11 replies

Feb 22, 2013 8:22 PM in response to monkey_4150

Hi again monkey,

Also, you have to realize (even though we both, clearly, see no need to replace our iPads, since they are perfectly wonderful), that our iPads are dinosaurs....these are the first tablets that were ever out there (seems hard to believe, but it's true)....

So, even with IOS 5, our devices just don't have all of the hardware/firmware, etc. to take full advantage of the things that IOS 5 does for, say, an iPhone 4, or an iPad 2....we don't even have a camera....

But I find that these two apps provide me with a lot of flexibility to work with my photos.

Hope you find the same to be true!

Cheers,

GB

Feb 22, 2013 8:39 PM in response to Cscience1

Hey Cscience - no harm, no foul! Unless you are using an actual iPad 1, you wouldn't really have any way to know that....(and like I said - those of us still using them are kind of dinosaur-ish....) I, literally, got mine for my birthday 4 months after they were first introduced (back in the day - hahaha)....

I'd probably still have my original iPhone if the battery just hadn't given out after 4 years....(it was far less expensive to buy a new iPhone 4 than it would have been to replace the battery)....

Although I do this kind of thing for a living, and I spend a lot of time on this forum, I'm not really big on having the latest gadget just for the sake of having it...if what I have is doing the what I need it to, then I'm good with that!

Anyway, thank you for working so well with all of us! It's always great to have another forum supporter who is working hard to help get questions answered! And, I'll tell ya, I learn something new pretty much every day I am on here!!!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

GB

How do I crop photos on iPad 1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.