Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Massive errors in iTunes match

Hey all,

everything was working fine with my 19K songs iTunes library. A couple days ago, i was adding music and noticed a lot of return errors, tracks that just were rejected. Since then, i keep getting from 50 to 75% errors every time i add songs (MP3 or AAC or whatever... doesnt change).

Anyone else noticing this ? Any way to correct it ?

Macbook Pro i7 Quad Core 2.2ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 3:08 AM

23 replies

Feb 23, 2013 6:54 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Yes adding complettely new tracks.

I just did a test on two machines, one using 10.1.1 and other 10.1.2 iTunes.

10.1.2 is my main library and 10.1.1 is an empty one where im using same iTunes match account.

When i add new tracks on the 10.1.2 machine, i get Match errors. If i delete them and add them on the other 10.1.1 machine, all tracks go through and are matched correctly.

OS is latest on the two machines.

Feb 23, 2013 8:40 AM in response to Badwisdom

Hi,

I use 11.0.2 on both my computers. In general everythings working fine but I can't help feel that Apple has done something that affects how music is kept in the cloud.

The main change noted is that when you delete a track from the cloud the pop up no longer asks you if you wish delete from the cloud BUT asks if you want to hide your music. This in itself is not significant as I have never found that the tracks have been removed from their server in any event as when I readd or try to rematch previously uploaded tracks, the tracks appear as uploaded without going through the upload process. Thus suggesting that they have not been removed.

When I think a track should match, I try converting the format from MP3 to AAC or vice versa. For example, I added 24 tracks from same album, 19 matched and 5 uploaded. I converted tracks from MP3 to AAC and succeeded in getting 3 more to match. I thought I'd try convert other 2 tracks to Lossless. I had no success in uploading - match process completed BUT the two tracks showed status as "waiting".

I eventually deleted them and readded the files that were originally uploaded.

I'm sorry I can't offer a solution other than suggest that you don't update your other computer. At least you have a source to get your music into match.

Jim

Feb 23, 2013 11:05 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Thanks for your help. It is very weird.

The problem files seem to all be Apple Lossless, although some work ok. Ive tried converting them to Wave then reencoding them to ALAC but that aint working on either of those formats.

I can see these files on my other devices but they are greyed out.

Funny thing is however, when i convert them to AAC, delete the lossless ones and launch a Match again, iTunes downloads them ok and it works. What the **** ???

Its also linked to 11.0.2 because since ive upgraded my second computer this afternoon, it gives me the same symptom.

Feb 23, 2013 3:07 PM in response to Badwisdom

I'm having the exact same issue uploading songs in 11.0.2. The songs will have a status of "Error" for a few seconds after I run "Update ITunes Match" and then the status for the songs will change to "Waiting". The songs are in aiff format. I have over 14,000 in iTunes Match, and the majority are uploaded songs. I have been using aiff format with itunes match for over a year now. Everything was working fine until I upgraded from 11.0.1 to 11.0.2.

Feb 24, 2013 4:04 AM in response to racampbell79

Hi,

There does appear to be a problem with AIFF files since latest update.

I recorded an LP in AIFF 24 bit format. I added the first three tracks, two uploaded, the other had Error. I thought that it was something to do with size of files as first two were short tracks, less than 3 min the other just over 5 minute.

I then added the remaining 9 - 6 uploaded, 1 matched (as expected) and 2 errors. This time size was not the problem as the three largest tracks uploaded.

I eventually was able to upload 3 remaining tracks but not until I converted them to 320kbps AAC.

So it seems to be an intermittant bug.

Jim

Feb 24, 2013 11:44 PM in response to Badwisdom

i'm also seeing this issue since the latest version of itunes. re-importing the tracks from CD makes no difference or re-encoding makes no difference either. (the CD's are brand new and not damaged in any way). I am using Apple Lossless as well. having used itunes match for over a year and after uploading 24000 tracks or so i have only have 10 errors until the last week or so where i have had 50+

Feb 25, 2013 7:42 PM in response to Badwisdom

Experiencing the same problem here and with Apple Lossless as well. I have been re-ripping my CD collection, and my process has been to delete the tracks entirely, both from my library and from iCloud, re-rip the CD, then let iTunes Match do its thing. Prior to downloading and installing 11.0.2, things were going beautifully...over 2,000 tracks without a single error. After the upgrade, I got a dozen errors across three discs. In the meantime, I'm modifying my process and simply ripping the discs without making any alterations to my library or iCloud (everything I'm ripping has already been matched/uploaded). That seems to be working well, but if I begin adding new discs that aren't in my library and/or iCloud, there's going to be issues.

Looks to me like it's a bug and I'm reckoning it'll get squashed with 11.0.3.

Mar 1, 2013 5:13 AM in response to Badwisdom

I have found a work around:

1. Convert the track returning as "error" or stuck on "waiting" as AAC 256kps

2. Delete the Apple Lossless/AIFF version from the library and iTunes Match

3. Upload to iTunes Match

4. Delete the AAC version from the library but leave it in the cloud

5. Reimport the Lossless/AIFF version

6. Update iTunes Match and let the tracks match to the previously uploaded version

it is interesting that only a re-encode as AAC 256kbps as I had previously tried re-encoding to PCM or back into Apple Lossless and even deleting and reimporting from the CD but none of these options worked for me but AAC 256kbps uploads fine

Massive errors in iTunes match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.