Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac Mini won't update to 10.8.2

Just purchased a new Mac Mini yesterday and had set everthing up perfectly fine. I went into the App store and initially there were updates for some pre installed apps, however after a few minutes the 10.8.2 update popped up so I downloaded it. Once it downloaded it didn't restart and disappeared from my download window... I am still on 10.8.1 and can't figure out why it won't upgrade. I have restarted the Mini myself. I have downloaded the update again from the Apple website but that one says my system isnt able to update to it... I am a bit frustrated since this is brand new Mini from Apple...

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 7:35 AM

The Mountain Lion Update v10.8.2 from September and the App Store version from October are to old to support your new Mac Mini's hardware.

Give Apple - Support - Contact Apple Support a call, you have 90 days free phone support.

1 reply

New Mac Mini won't update to 10.8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.