Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhoto won't let me import a video from my iPhone.

When I plug in my iPhone, the video appears on iPhoto. I drag the video from my device tab and into the album, it starts to upload. It then says whether I want to keep or delete originals and I click no. It then pops up with the error box (Attached).User uploaded file

If it helps, the video is 20 minutes and 38 seconds long. I'm not sure but it might be the fact that it is so long I'm not able to import it.

I have attached a screenshot of the pop-up, if this helps.

All I want to do is import it so I can edit it on iMovie. Is there a simpler way I can upload this?

Please, please, I need help and quickly!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 11:36 AM

Why not import it directly to iMovie then?

7 replies

Feb 24, 2013 1:29 PM in response to oliviaunwin_

How do you do that?

One of two ways:

1 - launch iMovie and connect your iPhone. The iPhone movies will be displayed in a window so you can select and import the one you want.

User uploaded file

2 - connect you iPhone to your Mac and launch Image Capture. Select the movie you want and import to the location of your choice (for movies the Movies folder) and import from there into iMovie.

User uploaded file

OT

Mar 21, 2014 11:01 PM in response to lanieshaowens

lanieshaowens wrote:

I'm having the same problem, but when I uplaod straight to iMovie, it will not save the project when it is complete because it is then using videos straight from my memory card, am I still doing something wrong?

Does your question involve iPhoto for the Mac in any way - I believe your question needs to be in the iMovie forum

LN

My iPhoto won't let me import a video from my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.