Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad and Netflix

I have a fairly new iPad Mini running the latest version of the iOS. I have been watching the Netflix-produced series House of Cards, trouble free.

Out of the blue, the Netflix application hangs on episode 11. It will play all the episodes before and after 11, but when I try to load episode 11, the gearwheel spins, it doesn't load, I can't cancel it .

I have tried a hard reset of the iPad and deleting and reinstalling the Netflix app. Nothing works.

This is really frustrating: does anyone have _any_ ideas on how to resolve this problem?

Many thanks.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 9:23 AM

7 replies

May 20, 2015 2:00 PM in response to GrumpyGator

Thanks for responding, Grumpy.

I had already done all those things you recommended and none worked.

i had to reset all settings once during a visit to the Apple Store to resolve another problem and let me tell you and anyone reading this post, if you use lots of different apps on your iPad/are a heavy iPad user, restoring your iPad afer a >reset all< is a _long_, annoying job. Took me two afternoons on a weekend.

May 20, 2015 2:00 PM in response to GrumpyGator

Nope, not referring to a restore. I once did a restore and it was easy-peasy to get the iPad up and running again.

Here is what the gal at the Genius Bar did:

She went to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

She then told me to set it up as a new iPad and NOT to do a restore from a backup. And she gave me this URL to help me do so:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I made some notes on doing this and here they are:

When you RESET, NOT RESTORE, the iPad, you have to download every single app to the iPad. All the apps can be found under the Apps tab in iTunes once you reconnect the iPad.

Resetting the iPad: after you reconnect the iPad, you must opt to set it up as a NEW iPad (do NOT do a restore from backup).

What takes so long? Example: I have several weather apps on the iPad. After getting them back on the IPad and into a folder you have to enter the preferences of each one and add every city for which you want the weather, choose what layers you want, if you want celcius or not, etc., etc. Now do that for about 75 different apps. And look up the user name and email and password you used for each one so you can log in and make these changes.

Trust me, it takes a lot of time. I did it.

Feb 23, 2013 6:59 PM in response to Community User

You have incorrect information. The process you just described, 'erase all content and settings', does exactly as described. Thats a restore. You restored your device via icloud instead of itunes.

When you reset the device, by going to settings/general/reset/reset all settings/ nothing is erased or deleted. (just settings like passwords). You will not lose any data or content, you will see a message stating this before you can start the process.

You will not have to download anything when you reset the device, and it should only take about a minute.

iPad and Netflix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.