You can certainly try
1) on iPad: pull up Settings > General > Bluetooth
2) slide from Off to On (or On to Off, wait, then Off to On again)
3) on keyboard: hold down the power button on the side until the little green light flashes
5) on iPad: "Apple Wireless Keyboard" should pop up under "Devices"
6) if yes, tap "Not Connected" so it searches for a return signal from the keyboard
if no, try resetting/restarting your iPad (holding down the Home button and the Sleep button at the same time) and repeating instructions
7) on keyboard: send the iPad a return signal by pressing the Shift key