Currently Being ModeratedFeb 23, 2013 12:14 PM (in response to hhpwj)
It would help if you told us what EXACT error message you get, including any number.
-Ran iReb, Tiny Umbrella, Snowbreeze, Redsnow
Those are usually the cause of errors, not the fix.. Which jailbreaking software is installed in the phone?
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 23, 2013 12:38 PM (in response to modular747)
Sorry I thought I did post the error haha. I'm getting either 1602 or 21 and if I run those programs it will give me a 1600. As far as I know I don't have and jailbreaking software on the phone it's my friends phone and I dont think they even know how to jailbreak..
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 23, 2013 1:11 PM (in response to hhpwj)
1. DISABLE ALL security software (firewall, antivirus, etc.) running on your PC while updating.
2. This error is often related to USB timing. Try changing USB ports, using a different dock connector to USB cable, and other available USB troubleshooting steps (troubleshooting USB connections. If you are using a dock, bypass it and connect directly to the white Apple USB dock connector cable. If the issue persists on a known-good computer, the device may need service.
If the issue is not resolved by USB isolation troubleshooting, and another computer is not available, try these steps to resolve the issue:
- Connect the device to iTunes, confirm that the device is in Recovery Mode. If it's not in Recovery Mode, put it into Recovery Mode.
- Restore and wait for the error.
- When prompted, click OK.
- Close and reopen iTunes while the device remains connected.
- The device should now be recognized in Recovery Mode again.
- Try to restore again.
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, try restoring using a known-good USB cable, computer, and network connection.
Currently Being ModeratedFeb 23, 2013 1:48 PM (in response to modular747)
I have tried all this and none of this worked the best I've gotten is the error changed from 1602 to 1600. Also I do not believe this to be a hardware issue because Itunes reconizes that the phone is in recovery mode and can read its an iphone 4