Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add album artwork in newest version.

I right-click on the song name, go to info and the artwork tab is grayed out. I can't access it. I also can't drag artwork in. What should I do? iTunes can't find the artwork itself because this is my album and it's not on a label, and therefore not in the store. What can I do??

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 1:59 PM

13 replies

Oct 27, 2013 5:00 AM in response to Sherri39401

I finally got a reply and worked with an Apple senior tech Lucas who was excellent, it turned out not to be Maverick after reinstalling it, then totally wiping my disk and putting Maverick fresh on my system. It turned out to be so PLIST files were corrupt for iTunes and we also cleared the cache preferences. That tends to happen after so many updates and changes to a computer. We set up a second account on my computer tested it and found the same problem, then opened in safe mode on the new account still there. So the fix as I stated before was corrupt plist files, probably not the ones in cache, but in Itunes - or could have been both. THANK APPLE for their excellent service.

FIXED

Nov 6, 2013 12:54 PM in response to Ticky IV

I can confirm that the iTunes 11.1.3 update has somehow fixed the problem for me for now. I am able to add artwork for my TV Shows. However I am unable to change other field for dome other file. For files in TV shows I cannot change the name field or genre filed or number out of disc. For FIles in MOvies I cannot change the last two tabs - Artwork and text. Hm, weird things happening to iTunes libraries these days.

Nov 11, 2013 3:13 AM in response to Ticky IV

Hi there,

I have the same issue. So basically when I Rip a DVD into the library I am unable to update the artwork. If I purchase a movie or TV show via iTunes, the artwork is there...Its just updating for me that doesnt work. updating other information like title or sorting or Category - these all work fine.

I wanted to ask something - are all of you using a NAS for your itunes library or are some of your experiencing this with your library on the MAC or via USB? I had loads of errors with my Itunes library being on a NAS type device and the only way I fixed all my previous errors was by opening iTunes in 32bit mode - however this is now not possible.

My next test is to see if I use my Windows machine to import the move, change the artwork, then try copy that to the MAC and reimport...Mission but would be good to see if this would work.

Its very annoying and it seems we all have issues but no official acknoledgement from Apple?

J

Nov 26, 2013 11:58 AM in response to Ticky IV

I have to admit that I was really frustated with all this iTunes, Mavericks, NAS issue. I've just run into this app on some webpage about Apple stuff few hours ago. And I can't tell you what a relieve a felt when this app just imported the movie into iTunes and it looked as it should. I even started using itunes on my bootcamp partion to add a file to my itunes library, I just that much desprate! And I have found that this app works so good that I would not even be bother to pay 15 or 30 USD or whatever they charge on MAS, but best of all it is free, might consider the version 2 as well since it is on sale until end of year/month.

Really glad it works for anyone else.

Jan

Can't add album artwork in newest version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.